Easy and Quick Fixes for the Canon Printer Offline Error
Canon printers, although great printing devices, do not always work smoothly. Frequent users are aware of various technical glitches that the printer throws their way. One of them is the Canon printer offline error, which shows up when they attempt to print a document. The printer functions smoothly only when it is properly linked to the system and networks. Any problem in network connectivity and settings will lead you to find the offline printer error. But there’s no need to stop printing when your Canon printer goes offline. Keep reading this post and discover the best fixes to make your device function normally again.
What Causes the Canon Printer Offline Error?
Knowing the causes behind the offline error is important as it will help you direct your troubleshooting efforts in the right direction. The following causes can lead you to face this issue.
- You haven’t set the status of the printer as online.
- A paper jam in the print queue can also cause this error.
- Poor USB cable connection is another reason.
- The paper tray is empty.
- A virus attack can also cause this error.
- Your Canon printer is in pause mode.
- Corrupt or faulty printer drivers.
- Poor internet connection.
Fix the Canon Printer Offline Problem
Follow these solutions properly and bring your printer online. You just need to adhere to the instructions as they are mentioned.
Fix the connection between your printer and Wi-Fi
It is one of the first and most basic steps you can take to resolve this problem. Reconnect your Canon printing device with Wi-Fi by following these points.
- Disconnect your router from the printer.
- Now reconnect it with the printing device.
- You can also use a USB cable connection.
- But if you connect wirelessly, launch the ‘Wi-Fi Wizard Setup’ window and connect the printer with the internet.
- Ensure that you hold the Wi-Fi button till you find its light blinking.
- After the printer begins to blink blue light, press the WPS button on your router.
- Now, your Canon printing device will come back online.
Restart the service of the printer spooler
Many times, you can make your offline printer come back online by restarting the printer spooler service. Here are the guidelines to go by.
- In the search box of your system, input ‘service.’Tap the ‘Services’ application in the result.
- Right-tap the ‘Print Spooler’ tab.
- Hit ‘Restart.’
- You can also tap the ‘Start’ if you don’t find the ‘Restart’ option.
- Right-tap ‘Printer Spooler’ once more.
- Opt for the ‘Properties’ option.
- Its startup type must be configured to automatic.
- Tap ‘OK’ and restart your system.
Turn off the Use Printer Offline option.
Disabling the Use Printer Offline is often the easiest and most efficient Canon printer offline fix. To disable this option, follow these steps.
- Tap ‘Start’ and input ‘Control Panel.’
- In the Control Panel, choose ‘Hardware and Sound.’
- In the window that appears, tap ‘Devices and Printers.’
- Right-tap your Canon printer, then tap ‘See what’s printing.’
- Tap ‘Printer’ on the left part of the screen.
- Now, remove the tick against the ‘Use Printer Offline’ option.
- After that, tap ‘Cancel All Documents.’
- Now, connect your printer again.
Reinstall Canon printer driver.
A faulty printer driver can also result in an offline error. If you have implemented most of the fixes above but are still facing this error, try reinstalling the Canon printer driver.
- Open the Run box by pressing the Windows key and R.
- In this box, input ‘devmgmt.msc’ and tap ‘OK.’
- Locate your Canon printer driver below ‘Print Queues.’
- Right-tap it and select ‘Uninstall device.’
- Go to the official Canon website and download the latest drivers for your printer model.
Reset your printing system
Is your Canon printer showing an offline status on your Mac device? You can try resetting the printing system to resolve the problem.
- Hit the Apple menu.
- After that, click the ‘System Preferences’ option.
- Next, navigate to the ‘Hardware’ area and press the ‘Scan and Printing’ option.
- Now, tap on the printer list. A menu will come up.
- On this menu, tap ‘Reset Printing System.’
- Verify that your printing device is securely connected with Mac wirelessly or via the internet.
Remove the paper jam.
Paper jam is also a significant cause for your Canon printer going offline. You can remove the jam but be sure to follow the instructions very carefully. Also, do not apply excessive force while fixing the paper jam problem.
- Take out the jammed paper if it is in the output tray.
- If you have the 250-sheet paper feeder installed, take out the paper cassette. After that, remove the jammed document.
- Now, set the paper cassette in your Canon printer.
- Open the cover by holding the cover’s opening.
- Remove the drum cartridge.
- Push the cartridge till it stops and lift it to take it away.
- Never take the paper out with force if you find it jammed in the drum cartridge.
- Do not touch the drum within the drum cartridge. Otherwise, the print quality will diminish.
- Now, keep the drum cartridge away in a bag.
- Take out the jammed paper while pressing the green lock release lever.
- Now, hold the drum cartridge that you kept away and install it in your printing device.
- Pull down the cartridge and lock it.
- You can now close the top cover.
Additional Troubleshooting Tips for Fixing the Canon Printer Offline Problem
There are a few tips that will certainly be of value to you to tackle this offline problem. They are listed below.
- Examine the cable links between your printing device and computer. No wires should be loose.
- Examine the tray of the printer and check that it has adequate paper.
- If you find low ink showing, replace the ink cartridges.
- Restart your computer. Now, check for the problem.
You can address the Canon printer offline fix error in various ways. These solutions work well in most cases. You can explore these solutions and determine where the cause lie. If you need more assistance with fixing this error, contact an expert printer support technical service.